Welcome to the Extera Family! I’m very excited to begin another year at Extera #2. For those new to our school, I have been with Extera since its opening in 2011, and here at Extera #2 since we opened our doors in 2013.
Our staff and teachers are very dedicated to supporting your children. Whether it be supporting their needs, challenging their minds, or encouraging their curiosity, our teachers will be there. I thank you for choosing Extera. Our Extera Family would not be complete without you, your children, and your support.
One of our goals this year is to focus on Parent Engagement and Participation. I encourage each and every one of you to commit to attending at least one school event this year. There will be many opportunities throughout the year to participate and receive your PEEPs points!
Please make sure you are signed up for Infinite Campus and the Parent Portal. Communication will all be through email/phone calls this year!
Finally, here are some helpful tips to have a great year:
- Send your child to school every day on time
- Make sure they get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Provide a quiet area at home for homework, reading, and studying
- Communicate often with teacher by email, notes, etc.
- Participate in events at the school
- Celebrate their successes as much as your can!!!
Thank you again for being part of our family here at Extera. I look forward to working with each of you.